Monday, September 24, 2012

Pilot


Hey y’all. I’m Laura, your average twenty-something adult working an 8-5 and looking for a little something more. I’ve kept a personal blog for about three years now, but I’ve decided it’s time to take it up a notch and make a more cohesive and purposeful blog. So I started thinking about what this blog would be about. Who am I really? What has shaped me and continues to define me? Oddly enough, I fell on five things, all of which start with the letter “F.” Faith, family, food, fitness, and fun.

I know you may be thinking, “How is that cohesive?” Well, you’re not alone because I’m thinking the same thing. But here is how I imagine this working…

Food and fitness are cohesive, and they happen to be my area of expertise. I’m a Registered Dietitian by trade, and cook and food enthusiast by interest. I’ve always been an active individual, but by no means a personal trainer. Still, I know a thing or two about the subject, and if nothing else, I have my own stories and exploits to share.

Fun – well that will be worked in along the way because I don’t know about you, but for me, exercise that isn’t fun probably isn’t happening. And food is always fun – fun to look at, fun to eat, fun to serve at parties, fun to experiment with, fun to give as gifts. I could go on, but I’ll spare you.

More than anything though, I see the point of this blog as a chance to be real and to encourage others to be real too. So, as I share personal stories, ventures, and challenges related to these topics, I’ll be sure to keep it real by sharing all my successes, failures, adventures, misadventures, and curiosities. Along the way, I hope to enlighten, inspire or at least humor anyone who drops in to read. And I’ll also do my best to share practical advice, sound nutrition and health information, tasty recipes, motivation for movement, and more for anyone who is interested.

As for faith and family, you can read all about it over on my personal blog page. And please forgive me if they happen to overlap; faith and family are pretty intertwined throughout all aspects of my life.

So there you have it, my vision for this blog. It’s all just an idea, and in the interest of keeping it real, I’ll just see where life takes this little blog of mine. I hope you’ll join me for the journey!



No comments:

Post a Comment